Join Catholic Writers of St. Louis member Donna Volkenannt this fall at beautiful Bunker Hill! Donna will guide retreat participants through writing exercises and share markets for contests, anthologies, and other opportunities for writers seeking publication.
During this tranquil weekend retreat at Bunker Hill, participants will have the opportunity to learn and to create.
- Techniques for personal essays and short stories
- Tips from a publisher, pitch your stories to an editor
- Explore your passion for photography in the serenity of Bunker Hill
Schedule: (Friday evening through Sunday lunch)
Friday schedule: Gates opens at 1 p.m. Your afternoon is open to check in and enjoy leisure activities. No evening meal on site (restaurants in nearby town).
- 5-7 p.m., Behrens Hall, optional Make & Take class – Card making with Daphney Partridge. Bring a print of a favorite photo, piece of writing or special quotation and make a keepsake card(s). No other supplies needed.
- 7 p.m., Behrens Hall, Informal meet and greet, soda/snacks provided.
- 7:30 p.m., Meet with faculty for overview & assignments.
$215 for members; $250 for non-members. Includes workshop fee and Friday lodging, three meals on Saturday, Saturday lodging, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Participants may have to share a cabin. A handicapped-accessible cabin might be available at time of registration.
Bring a friend and share a cabin.