Catholic Writers of St. Louis
Saturday, November 10, 2012
St. Charles Coffee House/10:00 AM
“Open my mind, Lord. Grant me the talent to write with clarity and style, so my words go down rich and smooth, like fine wine, and leave my reader thirsty for more. Open my heart, Lord. Grant me the sensitivity to understand my characters–their hopes, their wants, their dreams–and help me to confer that empathy to my reader. Open my soul, Lord, so I may be a channel to wisdom and creativity from beyond my Self. Stoke my imagination with vivid imagery and vibrant perception. But most of all, Lord, help me to know the Truth, so my fiction is more honest than actuality and reaches the depths of my reader’s soul. Wrap these gifts with opportunity, perseverance, and the strength to resist those who insist it can’t be done. Amen.” (www.inspirationforwriters.com)
Catholic Writers’ Guild News:
* CWG Newsletter/ Writing and Promo Opportunities: All submissions are due by the 7th of each month. Send all submissions, ideas, and comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within 5 days.
* CWCO (Catholic Writers’ Conference Online): March 4-15/ Registration open/ Pitch sessions and chat/forum presenters/ Online Conference Coordinator Laura Lowder at email@example.com
Open Discussion/ Member Updates/ Thoughts for Future Meetings/ Etc.
* “A Writing Spot of One’s Own”: writing at the Tabernacle
* 2013 conference (secular and religious) line-up (will post soon on www.CWStL.wordpress.com)
* “A Guide to Becoming a Better Writer: 15 Practical Tips”
Next Meeting: TBD (will email)
Keep in touch via our website!
* find conferences, job opportunities, calls for submissions/contests, author information/interviews, general writing industry and skill/art information, etc.
* links to members’ sites (please email me your bio or even just contact/ promo info.), other Catholic writing resources, etc.